Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Been a long time

Well a lot has happend since my last post. Im only 3 months shy of graduation and 2 months shy of the release of our game Noxious. In August I took Game Production (GPR) where I had to pick a specific discipline and work for a month on one project. I picked animation for my discipline. After faling 2 modleing classes multiple times I felt like I need to pick something that I can actually do kinda well and not take forever doing them. I can model there is no doubt about that but it takes my longer then most and especially when doing textures. I proved myself right when finishing GPR. The first two weeks where really rough despite my awesome teacher that made reference for me. On the day of my final critique, a week before final turn-in, the sat me down to give me the news. Basically I screwed up the animation so bad that the only way to even have a chance of passing was to make a bunch of camera cuts so that no one would be able to see the bad animations. I took many notes and tried my hardest to do what they asked that afternoon. 3 days before the turn in I sat down to look at what i had so far. I hated it. Then I remembered what my previous teachers told me "Sometimes it's just best to start over". And so I did. I worked really hard and started from A pose, only referencing a few key frames. The final day was so stressful, we had to turn in the night before and in lecture where to know who passed and failed. They never do names so I had to search for my ID number, you need a 69.49 to pass and I got a 71. 75. Biggest relief ever, only 8 people passed out of the class of 12 or so.

Then Game Project happened. 5 months of creating a game from scratch. We came out lucky, our team consisted of 8 artist, and 8 programers and 1 internal producers. We are the Misfits of Forsaken Studios and the creators fo Noxious.  The first 3 months compiled of nothing of pre-pro and design, the most draining 3 months of my life. Last month we really got to work on or game, and we did considerably well. Unfortunately we aslo lost 2 members of the Misfits family last month. We are all doing our best to make the best game we can. Im so proud of my team and can not wait until the end result.

So thats what im doing now and starting to work on assets for my Demo Reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment